Alegeus Announces A Full Month of Celebration for National HSA Awareness
Published on October 1st, 2019
Waltham, MA — October 2, 2019 — Alegeus, the market leader in consumer-directed healthcare (CDH) solutions, today announced that the company will not only join the industry in support of National HSA Awareness Day on October 15, but will celebrate the full month of October to educate consumers on the value of health savings accounts (HSAs). This month will be dedicated to bringing public awareness around the power of HSAs and their ability to empower consumers to take control of their healthcare spending and saving.
When a consumer-directed health plan is paired with a tax-advantaged HSA, they offer huge savings to employers and their employees. Yet, HSAs are routinely underutilized and underfunded, translating into billions of dollars in lost tax savings each year.
Kicking off the month of celebration, Alegeus has launched an educational consumer website, www.wealthcare.com, that assembles a collection of resources to help consumers navigate their health and benefit decisions. To further its mission and dedication to empowering consumers across the country to achieve better health and wealth, activities throughout the month will include:
- All month long, Alegeus is hosting a consumer-awareness campaign across social media with up to $7,500 being donated to the United Way. To join the conversation on Twitter, follow @Alegeus and use the hashtag #HSAsHelp all month long. Alegeus will donate $1 for every mention during the month of October.
- October 15 @ 1pm ET, join Alegeus, its clients, and other industry experts on Twitter using #HSAHelpsChat for a TweetChat that aims to help consumers better understand the value of HSAs and maximize their adoption during the upcoming open enrollment season.
- October 16 @ 2pm ET, join Alegeus and Reuters for a Twitter LiveCast with Alegeus SVP of Corporate Development & Strategy, Brian Colburn, and financial journalist, Caroline Woods, as they discuss the benefits of HSAs and explore how smart technology will be used to advance adoption in the market.
- Throughout the month, Alegeus will sponsor a ConsumerDriven Market Report (CDMR) podcast series that interviews HSA pioneers on market trends as well as our own Brian Colburn on the impact of artificial intelligence (AI).
- During the month, Alegeus will release two data reports that support the need to increase fluency and healthcare benefits and outline the profile of HSA participants to debunk common misconceptions.
- The week of October 27 meet us at HLTH, the industry’s largest conference for health innovation, to discuss insights from our newly-launched data reports.
“We are excited to rally alongside industry peers to advance consumerism in healthcare,” said Steven Auerbach, Alegeus CEO. “With open enrollment right around the corner, there is no better time for consumers to become more aware of the value that health savings accounts can deliver.”
With more than 25 years of growth and innovation, Alegeus is the market leader in SaaS-based healthcare payment solutions. Our highly flexible, white-label platform powers account-based benefit programs such as HSAs, FSAs, HRAs, COBRA, wellness incentives, lifestyle benefits and beyond. We deliver exceptional user experiences and differentiated capabilities that help our partners strengthen their product offerings, operate more efficiently, and unlock their full growth potential. Our partnerships with the industry’s leading health plans, third-party administrators, financial services and benefit solution providers give Alegeus unparalleled reach in the market, with access to more than 100 million commercially insured Americans. And our unique partnership model empowers our clients to achieve outsized results – growing their programs at a rate that is 3-4X the market, and with the highest net promoter scores (NPS) in the industry. We never compete with our clients in the market – we win when they win. Alegeus is headquartered in Waltham, Mass., with operations centers in Orlando and Bangalore, and a large remote workforce.