How to Stay Healthy, Productive and Sane During COVID-19: List of Resources
Published on April 16th, 2020
Over the past several weeks, we’ve kept you updated on how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting the economy, small businesses, legislation and all aspects of consumer-directed healthcare (CDH). We will continue, as your trusted partner, to keep you informed on these matters. However, we also want to do our part in supporting our clients and consumers at the human level.
Although social distancing and sheltering-in-place may no longer feel new, that doesn’t mean they’re no longer challenging. We’ve put together the following list of resources to make this time easier, less stressful, healthier and more productive (or less productive, as many of us need right now). We hope you’ll find something helpful here and share this list with your colleagues, family and friends.
Grocery Delivery Services
Avoid venturing to the grocery store and have everything delivered to your doorstep.
Food Delivery Services
If cooking sounds like too much work, let someone else do the cooking for you.
- Uber Eats
- Call your local restaurants directly and do curbside pickup to avoid delivery fees
CDC’s Official COVID-19 Website
Get all the information you need to keep you and your loved ones safe throughout the pandemic.
Tips for Working from Home
Stay productive and sane while working from your new office – your home!
- NPR: 8 Tips for Working
- Business Insider: Tips & Tricks for Remote Work
- CBS News: Tips for Working from Home
Keeping in Touch with Family & Friends
Although these apps can’t replace a warm hug, they’ll make you feel connected all the same.
- Marco Polo – Allows you to send video clips to people (Android App | iPhone App)
- WhatsApp – Message and video calls (Android App | iPhone App)
- Google Duo – Video calls (Android App | iPhone App)
The good news is, no one can block your view of the stage.
Ideas for Family Entertainment & Gift-Giving
Take advantage of having the whole family under one roof.
- Family game night ideas
- DIY cooking classes for kids
- Amazon Prime for binge watching & fast ordering ($39 for 3 months)
Education, Activities and Entertainment for Kids
Keep your kids fully engaged, active and learning.
- Scholastic’s free learn-at-home program
- Khan Academy free learning
- ABC Mouse preschool activities for the iPad
- 123 Homeschool printable worksheets
- Vooks virtual books (1 month free)
- Cosmic Kids Yoga
- Go Noodle games and movement
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems
There’s a great big world out there, and we live in a time where we can access it all from home.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Virtual Farm
- Museums, Operas, and Symphonies
- 12 Museums Offering Virtual Tours
- National Parks Tours
- St. Louis Zoo
- Pittsburgh Zoo & PFG Aquarium
- Cleveland Zoo
- Cincinnati Zoo
- 30 Virtual Field Trips
Stay fit and feel good with these virtual workouts and apps.
- Yoga with Adriene on YouTube
- SELF Workouts on YouTube
- Nike Run Club treadmill workouts (Android app | iPhone app)
And, just for fun…
Go ahead – we don’t judge!