COBRA: Best Practices for Relieving Administrative Burden
Published on July 7th, 2021
WEBINAR: Thursday, July 29 at 1:00 p.m. ET
In March, the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) implemented a full federal subsidy for COBRA premiums, which also applied retroactively to individuals who were COBRA-eligible in 2020, even if they chose not to elect the coverage at the time. As a result, COBRA administrators have been faced with the daunting task of enrolling or reprocessing claims for millions of COBRA-eligible Americans, a process that has been tremendously inefficient and costly.
The current predicament has exposed longstanding issues with COBRA administration technology and the enrollment process, forcing us all to examine areas for improvement and a better path forward.
In this webinar, we’ll discuss:
- How outdated technology has exacerbated the current strain on TPAs
- Best practices for streamlining and scaling the COBRA enrollment process
- How to better prepare for and handle future unemployment crises
- How to meet the expectations of the next generation of the workforce
- Technology’s role in the future of COBRA administration
Omnify Benefits Manager
Solution Engineer, COBRA
Foulston and Siefkin, LLP