Healthcare Consumerism: Myth or Reality?
Published on June 23rd, 2015
- This concept is the cornerstone of a monumental shift that has been occurring in the healthcare industry for the last decade – but is it working?
- Are healthcare consumers actually behaving like consumers?
- Are healthcare consumers more or less cost conscious than in the past?
- To what extent do healthcare consumers “shop” for healthcare services today?
- What obstacles remain?
- What opportunities exist for health plans and benefit administrators to help advance the movement?
Join us as we review healthcare’s progress in shifting towards a more consumer-directed model. During the presentation we will review recent consumer research that examines current healthcare purchase behavior, financial planning, decision-making criteria, values and priorities.